How do I contact a form tutor or pastoral manager?
Please call main reception on 01933 222830 or email enquiries@weaversacademy.org.uk

How do I report my child absent from school?
There is a dedicated attendance line. The number is 01933 278103

Why do I receive truancy calls?
Students who have no mark for registration will receive a truancy call. This is an automated system that enables the school to make parents aware of a student’s absence.

Are we entitled to take a holiday during the school term?
Students are not entitled to take holiday during the school term.

How do I apply for free school meals?
There are a number of ways to apply for free school means. Please do one of the following:

  • Collect a leaflet from the student office
  • Text ‘FSM’ followed by your full name, national insurance number, your child’s name and school name to 60622
  • Apply online at www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
  • Telephone Northamptonshire Country Council on 01604 236656

Who do I contact first if my child has a problem?
If the problem is about a specific subject the enquiry should be directed to the subject teacher or Learning Leader. For all other problems, the first port of call should be the Pastoral Mentor who will direct the problem to either the form tutor or Key Stage Manager.

What should I do if I am concerned about the wellbeing of one of the students?
We are particularly proud of our Safeguarding. We act quickly if we have concerns about a student and involve appropriate agencies. This is all achieved within county guidelines. We will keep you informed of concerns and actions. If you have concerns about the safety and wellbeing of one of our students, please contact the safeguarding team on safeguarding@weaversacademy.org.uk as soon as possible.  Please be aware that appropriate action would need to be taken and that may require you being interviewed by an outside agency.

What should I do if I change my phone number or place of work?
The school asks you to keep us informed and up to date with any changes to personal details. We may need to contact you in an emergency and this information makes that easier. Changing your details is easy, contact Student Office or ask your child to pick up a change of details form from there.

How often should homework be set?
It depends on the Key Stage your son/daughter is currently in, KS3 subjects will set a homework activity once a week. KS4 subjects set in the region of 2 hours per week.  Homework should be handed in when the teacher gives a deadline.

Can I help my son/daughter with their homework?
In the long run, support rather than help will prove to be more helpful to the students. If the homework set is too difficult, please contact us.